The Archdiocese of Brisbane Whistleblower Hotline
The Archdiocese of Brisbane Whistleblower Hotline is an independent service run by Stopline that gives you the opportunity to report misconduct and other serious workplace issues – anonymously if you wish. The Archdiocese of Brisbane Whistleblower Hotline is an independent service that you can contact to report items of “Reportable Conduct” within the Archdiocese by anyone connected to the Archdiocese through employment, contract or appointment.
Reportable Conduct is actual or planned conduct which the whistleblower reasonably and in good faith suspects is:
- Serious improper conduct including fraudulent, corrupt, illegal, unethical conduct;
- Conduct involving gross mismanagement or a substantial mismanagement of resources;
- Repeated serious breaches of the policies and practices of the Archdiocese its Agencies, Parishes or Schools;
- Conduct seriously jeopardizing risk to work health and safety or the environment;
- Conduct involving sexual abuse, abuse, harm or misconduct in relation to children or adults (*); or
- Suspicion in regard to potential or actual sexual abuse, abuse, harm or misconduct in relation to children or adults (*).
* NOTE: In all cases where there is statutory mandatory requirement to report a wrongdoing or student/client abuse/mistreatment – for example, in child protection or disability services areas, or as a condition of public funding and contracts those processes will be adhered to as part of this Policy.
The service includes:
- Dedicated hotline number, website, fax, mail and email address for employees, members of religious orders, volunteers, parishioners, parents and other members of the public to report suspected incidents of improper conduct.
- Expert forensic investigators taking the calls and analysing disclosures.
- Timely reporting of incidents to dedicated representatives within the Archdiocese of Brisbane.
Stopline has been at the forefront of disclosure management services for over a decade and has partnered with some of Australia’s most iconic companies to assist them in demonstrating their commitment to supporting staff, the religious, volunteers, parishioners, parents and the public.
Complaints & Grievances
This is not a complaints and grievance service and is not to be used as such. Any complaints and grievances received will be referred to the appropriate complaints area within the Archdiocese.
Complaints should be directed to:
Archdiocese of Brisbane – 3324 3000
Brisbane Catholic Education – 3033 7000