If you wish to view the Archdiocesan Code of Conduct or the Brisbane Catholic Education Code of Conduct, you can do so on the applicable intranet site.
A copy of the Archdiocese’s Whistleblower Policy is available here: The Archdiocese of Brisbane Whistleblower Policy
Complaints & Grievances are not accepted unless they fall within the definition of “Reportable Conduct”. Refer the definition below:
Reportable Conduct is actual or planned conduct which the whistleblower reasonably and in good faith suspects is:
- Serious improper conduct including fraudulent, corrupt, illegal, unethical conduct;
- Conduct involving gross mismanagement or a substantial mismanagement of resources;
- Repeated serious breaches of the policies and practices of the Archdiocese, its Agencies, Parishes or Schools;
- Conduct seriously jeopardizing risk to work health and safety or the environment;
- Conduct involving sexual abuse, abuse, harm or misconduct in relation to children or adults (*); or
- Suspicion in regard to potential or actual sexual abuse, abuse, harm or misconduct in relation to children or adults (*).
* NOTE: In all cases where there is statutory mandatory requirement to report a wrongdoing or student/client abuse/mistreatment – for example, in child protection or disability services areas, or as a condition of public funding and contracts those processes will be adhered to as part of this Policy.